- Create a Google Email account to being used only for career seeking- We suggest the format firstname.lastname@example.org where you actually use the word career! You can find account creation at this link: https://accounts.google.com/SignUp?service=mail&continue=https%3A%2F%2Fmail.google.com%2Fmail%2F<mpl=default
- Create a Facebook business account. This needs to be done form your Facebook personal page. Signin to your Facebook account and then naviagate to the following page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php.
- Select "Company, Organization or Institution" when prompted
- Choose the "category" that most closely is correct for your career choice.
- Choose your first and last name for the Company Name followed by a dash and then the career placement you are seeking (For Example: Dave Cook- Programmer) and use that as the Company Name.
- Agree to the "I agree to Facebook Pages Terms" and then click the GET STARTED TAB.
- Under the Description, enter a brief introduction about you. This is a good place to enter your the bio that you are creating. (You can edit this later.)
- Navigate to the bottom of the next page and answer the question "Is YOUR NAME- CAREER a real organization, school or government?
- This will help people find this organization, school or government more easily on Facebook." and select NO and then click on SAVE INFORMATION.
- Select a 300 pixel by 300 pixel picture of yourself, This should be a professional picture of you in professional attire. Upload from your computer and then click on SAVE PHOTO.
- Select "Set Address" when you are satisfied.
- When the dialogue page opens, navigate to where you can "Like" the page and clickon the "Like" button.
- Navigate down to the area where it says, "Share Something" and write a brief message about what the job for which you are looking and select the "Post on your timeline".
- Notice at the top of the page where it says, "You are posting, commenting, and liking as Your Name- Career — Change to Your Name." You want to post here as the identity of the page, not yourself. You need to do this when you post news and facts, pictures, videos and create events. If you start at high school and post events, pictures and articles, you can create a living resume. Tag friends in the pictures. Tell about what you learned and what you experienced in your training and education.
- Highlight volunteer and educational events since high school including certificates and awards. This becomes a living resume that you can build upon.
3. Create a Linkedin Account. Linkedin Account Creation
- At the top of your Linkedin page, navigate to the Profile tab and hover over it, when it opens select "View Profile" and click on it.
- When the new page opens notice the address in the browser. Write down the number that follows http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id= .
- That number is your Linkedin Account number. Write it down!!!!
- At the top left corner of the page, find the "Add Connections" writing and clicck on it.
- Then in the boxes with pictures displayed, click on "Any Email."
- When the page opens, find where it says, "Invite by individual email" and click on it.
- In the box that opens cllick on "Type email addresses below, separated by commas" and enter my email address email@example.com and then click on the button, "Send Invitations."
4. Create a Skype Account.
- Download and install Skype here: http://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/
5. Create a WebInfused User Account here: http://webinfused.com/create-user/